Aphorisms Galore!

Discussions

Sometimes, users and visitors to Aphorisms Galore! feel the urge to comment on something, or even to start a discussion on a brand new topic. Sometimes, those users and visitors are living breathing human beings and not spam robots. When that happens, their messages show up here. (Some messages from spam robots may also appear from time to time, but I try to make sure they don't.)

281–300 (356)

What do you think about HHH?  ·  posted 2001 by John R. Runningen

I have just finished watching a wonderful public television presentation on Humber H. Humphery sponsored by the University of Minnesota and National Public Radio. Obviously Hubert Humphrey was a dynamic political figure - arguably one of the greatest of the 20th century. What are your thoughts on the man? On his politics? On how politics is practiced today vs. in the Humphrey era 1946 - 1977?

The Carrot Factor  ·  posted 2001 by Jim Boogers

I like to shove carrots and dill pickles up my ass and then eat 'em. I also shove frankfurters up my ass and then let my dog lick my butt. Sometimes I'll hide in a corner and rub creamed corn all over my genitals while sticking lima beans and cheese-whiz in my nose and humming the theme from "I Dream Of Jeannie". Bye, I love you ALL!

Von Braun was Hitler's secret weapon!  ·  posted 2001 by Mina

"The Man Who Sold the Moon" By Dennis Piszkiewicz Praeger Trade. Westport, Conn. 1998. LC 98-14481. ISBN 0-275-96217-2.

Perhaps no one in history has played the role of scientist as celebrity with as much skill--and as much deception--as WERNER VON BRAUN. America's leading rocket expert and most enthusiastic advocate of space travel, he had a closet full of secrets that would have shocked his colleagues and millions of admirers if they had been told during his lifetime. WERNER VON BRAUN:The Man Who Sold the Moon is the first critical biography of the young German aristocrat who created Hitler's most advanced terror weapon, the V-2 rocket, and who came to the U.S. under the Army's Project Paperclip to develop missiles as a central weapon of the Cold War. The book reveals that factions of the U.S. Army, in their zeal to have VON BRAUN's team of scientists working for American interests, covered up what they knew about his complicity in Nazi causes and abetted him in the perpetuation of the myth he carefully created about his past.

Declassified Army documents and war crime transcripts, as well as the discovery of Europe of Dora concentration camp survivors' accounts, and von Braun's published writings and personal papers, have enabled biographer Dennis Piszkiewicz to document von Braun's career more fully than any previous historian. The man who tirelessly promoted space travel, worked with NASA to collaborate with Walt Disney creating television programs and the Tomorrowland section of Disneyland, and put the first astronauts on the moon, was actually a member of the Nazi party, held a rank in the SS equivalent to that of Major, and was an accomplice in the use of slave labor from the Dora concentration camp to produce his V-2 rocket. When the Third Reich collapsed, von Braun unashamedly switched his allegiance to the victor, and adroitly distanced himself from his Nazi partners. By going on to promote NASA and "sell" the American people on his dreams of space exploration, he became th...

Read More

An Incredible Phenomenon and Treasures  ·  posted 2001 by Larry

The link below has helped me to get proper treasure maps which I can not exchange for free but may exchange equipment. http://www.nvo.com/pdgc/treasuremetalsoilgasdetection

Bio info on Arnold Glasgow  ·  posted 2001 by P. Kent

If I were to quote Mr. Glasgow in an article I'm writing, how would I describe him (ie: Mark Twain, American author; Will Rogers, American humorist; Helmut Kohl, German statesman; etc., etc.)?

quote on retirement  ·  posted 2001 by Peter

I'm looking for a positive quote about retirement to inspire a parent. Any ideas

Women  ·  posted 2001 by Barry

I am not trying to be smart with this line of enquiry but I'd like to get to know what is it about men that women become most annoyed about. Being in my early twenties I continue to assume that I have cracked the female mentality. Unfortunately I cannot even come up with a sterotypical profile for a woman. So answer me, are all women so complicated or are there just a few simple common needs that men just never seem to pick up on.

(no title)  ·  posted 2001 by Michael Leibensperger

This quote appeared in a technical paper by Walter F. Tichy (author of RCS), attributed as an "Old Polish Proverb." I came across this paper sometime around 1980 in the Carnegie-Mellon University science library; the quote stuck with me. The paper dealt with clock synchronization in computer networks.

Now you know....

leguin homepage  ·  posted 2001 by cakiris

ultimate ursula k. leguin homepage. you can visit with clicking here

Cindy Lew  ·  posted 2001 by dleary

Does anyone out there know who Cindy Lew is?

about me and hesse  ·  posted 2001 by Peter Karba

After the sad events of may youth (death of only parent, love, i was not accepted on faculty of architecture in Ljubljana), I lost, or even worse I have started to lose my self-confidence step by step. I gave my self into hands of society to raise me. There was no me in the past three years, until the last summer when I was on vacation with my friends who told me sincerely what I have became. This was the worst, or from nowaday point of view the happiest moment of my life. I have found out how down I have fallen, and started to think what is life with my head, and not with head of strong and seek superego, which I posses now to, but I can control him. It had passed few months when I started to read Hesses Demian. How I have suffered, how I have enjoyed. This was not my first rocket in the universe of life, but first time I arrived on the planet. Greetings to all who share those thoughts with me, who have similar problems, and to all who tolerate my english. You can mail me on pkkreta@hotmail.com .

Reference  ·  posted 2001 by J. A. Stewart

I would love to know the source of this citation. Does anyone know where it was found?? If so, please reply in this forum. Thanks!

Who said?  ·  posted 2001 by Bill

Failure is the tuition that you pay for success?

Women  ·  posted 2001 by Olamilekan Soga Amusa

A woman can only give her best when its dark!

281–300 (356)